To build a modern railway network from the South to the North of Ghana with associated infrastructure.
EXPECTED PROJECT OUTCOME
- Infrastructure development in the towns which will be traversed by the railway lines.
- Facilitate the efficient transportation of passengers and goods.
- Improvement in internal trade and also trade with neighbouring countries.
- Reduction in road maintenance costs and fewer road accidents.
- Lower transport cost for both freight and passengers due to lower cost of transportation by rail.
- Minimum traffic risks with the use of railway line for international carriers.
- Creation of new settlements, industrial parks and economic zones.
- Improvement in tourist activities.
- Job and wealth creation.
- Transformation of the economy.